I stumbled across this post on a blog called Rakes and Rascals this morning and thought it looked fun.
All you have to do is answer the following questions:
1. Which novel are you currently reading and who is the author?
2. What is the opening line of the book?
3. What are the hero and heroine’s names? (on the remote chance you’re not reading a romance, give the name of the main character).
4. What is the first sentence of the second paragraph of Chapter 9?
5. What’s next on your TBR pile?
Here are my answers:
I’m currently reading two books – but since one ( The Complete First Edition: The Original Folk & Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm, translated & edited by Jack Zipes) is a collection of stories, I’ll use the second book for these questions.
1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, by J.K. Rowling (yes, for the millionth time)
2. Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, Privet Drive.
3. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.
4. Attracted no doubt by Malfoy’s shout, Argus Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd.
5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling OR Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews
What are YOU reading today?